Soggy Bottom Bar
613 Martin Luther King Ave.
Flint, Michigan 48502
Nights not to go: Fridays its College Night.
Night to go: Wednesday Karaoke
Cute Bartendress: Yes
Handsome Bartender: Shoot, I don't know
Need to run from car to building: Medium-low
It isn't any coincidence that Soggy Bottom is next to a fancy men's clothing store and a men's hat shoppe. The Soggy Bottom Bar is a classy establishment. They even have a dry erase board in the bathroom so the next guy can improve your dirty jokes and booby pictures. It's the kind of bar that makes you feel like you're not in Flint anymore (hardly any broken stuff). It's got a lot of dark wood, stained glass lamps and a small but stellar draft beer selection. The night we were there they had Bud, Bud Light, Killian's, Guinness, Bud American Ale, Heineken, Bass, and Goose Island 312. They used to have live music on the weekends with a cover charge, too many people packed into tight quarters, and the music was so loud it prevented conversation with the dude trying to hustle you at the pool table. NOTE: They no longer have live music with cover charge.
We recommend that you go in the early part of the week when you can hang out in mostly dark recesses of the bar with the regulars. Although we've avoided this place in the past, on our most recent visit Courtney convinced us (partially by playing the 90's channel on satellite radio) that we have to come back more often. Al B. Sure! to come back.
Drink at Soggy Bottom to:
- Be in cool looking bar.
- Drink from looks-like-more-than-a-pint pints
- Choose from a choice beer selection
- Pay a good price
- Chat up a good looking bartender lady (beer wench is archaic, right?)
- Sit in 98% matching chairs
- Not notice any broken stuff
Enjoy live entertainment on the weekends
- Enjoy karaoke!
- See some dudes get a pizza delivered to the pool table
- To get a lot of head on your mustache
- You need to sit more than 4 to a table
- Huge awesome murals with a scary lady freak you out
- You get offended when no one offers you a slice of pizza
- Drinking draft Busch Light was your plan
Paying a cover is lame to you
- You were hoping to get shanked in the parking lot (Durant Hotel is getting renovated and the homeless moved across the street)
- You are afraid of anything north of the river (even if its just 2 blocks)
- You're afraid of monkeys